SAFTHERM THERMAL INSULATION
Polyester Fiber Insulation Blanket manufactured using recycled polyester (PET plastic soft drink bottles etc.). Supplied in the form of rolls in various thickness.
Safintra Saftherm™ Polyester Fibre Blanket, 100 mm thick, with a density of 10 kg/m3 and a R-value of not less than 20 m2K/W, cut to size and laid over battens within the ceiling void, offcuts to be inserted between the ceiling and rafter to ensure complete coverage.
Safintra does not recommend the compression of blanket insulation as this can negatively influence the performance of the insulation.
FEATURES AND BENEFITS
Polyester Fiber Insulation on Blankets are manufactured using recycled polyester (PET plastic soft drink bottles etc.). The blankets are supplied in rolls with various thickness.
- Saftherm™ PET blankets are friendly to the touch, will not irritate the skin and do not affect breathing in any way.
- Saftherm™ PET blankets have been tested by SABS for thermal performance as well as for fire propagation (test reports available on request).
- Saftherm™ PET blankets are manufactured to ISO 9001 Standards.
- Saftherm™ PET blankets do not collapse over time and retain their loft.
- On flat ceilings, Saftherm™ can be laid in between the trusses on top of the battens.
- VOC Free / ODP 0%
BENEFITS FOR INSTALLING SAFTHERM POLYESTER BLANKETS
- Easy to roll and cut
- The fibres won't absorb water, but the blanket will retain moisture when it gets wet
- Excellent thermal stability
- Electricity savings due to better temperature control (heating & cooling)
- Keeps homes warm in winter & cool in summer
- Extremely cost-effective
- PET plastics are recyclable
- Increases the energy efficiency of buildings
- Ideal for built-up roof systems
- Can be used in Residential, Commercial, and Industrial Applications
- Can be used for acoustic noise reduction
The R-value of Saftherm™ (m2K/W) is the measure of the insulation product's ability to restrict heat transfer.
The system R-value is a conservative estimate which includes the insulation layers, air gaps, roof, and ceiling.
See table above for thickness specifications
Spacer system in conjunction with a liner sheet to create a void for the Saftherm polyester blanket insulation.
Spacer system used to over roof an existing asbestos roof with Saftherm polyester blanket insulation in the void created.
COMPRESSED OVER PURLIN
Saftherm polyester blanket insulation compressed with an insulating packer. The concealed fix clip is fastened through the packer into the purlin.
IN CEILING VOID (DOMESTIC APPLICATION)
Saftherm polyester blanket insulation cut and snugly placed in the ceiling void between the trusses.