SAFTHERM THERMAL INSULATION
Polyester fibre insulation blanket manufactured using recycled polyethylene terephthalate (PET) plastic. The blankets are supplied in rolls with various thickness.
Safintra Saftherm™ polyester fibre blanket, 100mm thick, with a density of 10 kg/m³ and a R-value of not less than 2.0m²K/W, cut to size and laid over battens within the ceiling void, off cuts to be inserted between the ceiling and rafter to ensure complete coverage.
See table under Product Range below for thickness specification.
FEATURES AND BENEFITS
- Saftherm™ PET blankets are friendly to the touch, will not irritate the skin and do not affect breathing in any way.
- Saftherm™ PET blankets have been tested by SABS for thermal performance as well as for fire propagation (test reports available on request).
- Saftherm™ PET blankets are manufactured to ISO 9001 Standards.
- Saftherm™ PET blankets do not collapse over time and retain their loft.
- On flat ceilings, Saftherm™ can be laid in between the trusses on top of the battens.
- VOC Free / ODP 0%
The R-value of Saftherm™ (m²K/W) is the measure of the insulation product's availability to restrict heat transfer.
The system R-value is a conservative estimate which includes the insulation layers, air gaps, roof, and ceiling.
See table above for thickness specifications