Technical Support and Downloads
- Expert Product Knowledge to help you choose the right solution for your home or business.
- Expert installation - Although Safintra South Africa do not install roofing, we can recommend approved contractors so you receive optimal service life from your investment.
- Specialised Divisions - our trained, dedicated personnel know exactly what needs to be done to provide a complete roofing solution that performs optimally, both functionally and aesthetically, and fulfills South African Building Standards and Regulations.
Safintra only works with material that will give you the service life you deserve for your building. Depending on the location and environmental circumstances, we recommend you use steel coated with a patented and proven aluminium zinc (AZ) alloy, or aluminium.
Download NEW Safintra Specifications Manual
Download a copy of the full range of updated specifications for all profiles from Safintra.
DWG is a file format used for storing two- and three- dimensional design data and metadata. It is the native format for several CAD packages including DraftSight, AutoCAD, IntelliCAD (and its variants), Caddie and Open Design Alliance compliant applications.
- Saflok 410 (280kb) Saflok 700 (280kb) Classicorr Corrugated (280kb) Tufdek IBR (275kb)
- Trimflute (275kb) Widedek (342kb) Versatile (295kb) Newlok Concealed Fix
Safintra sheeting specifications document
Download a copy of the full range of specifications for all profiles from Safintra
1. Service Life of AZ coated steel in USA by Rob Haddock
This report documents and summarizes the work conducted to determine with reasonable certainty the roof service life that can be expected of a low-slope 55% Al-Zn alloy-coated steel Standing Seam Roof (SSR) system when installed today in a like environment using best practices. It incorporates the results of multiple field inspections, and includes assessment of all integral ancillary components that impact the end of roof service life.
2. Corrosion Resistance - Properties of a 55% Aluminium-Zinc Coating on Steel Sheeting
The aluminium-zinc (AZ) coating on steel sheeting consists of nominally 55% aluminium, 43,4 % zinc and 1,6 % silicon, and it is applied by hot dipping in a molten bath. This coating was developed by the Bethlehem International Engineering Company (BIEC Inc.) in the USA, now a fully owned subsidiary of BlueScope Steel, Australia. It is produced in accordance with ASTM A 792, and is sold under license by BIEC Inc. in numerous countries worldwide, under a variety of brand names such as Zincal®, Zincalume®, Aluzinc® and Galvalume®.
SAFINTRA TECHNICAL NOTES
# 1. Compliance with SANS 10400XA - Energy Usage in buildings for Roofing
This Technical Note is approved for development by Safintra Roofing and Steel South Africa and the Safal Group, as part of a suite of documents in support of the commitment of Safintra South Africa to promote the Sustainability of Steel Roofing & Cladding products.
This Technical Note is intended to give professionals and contractors who are involved with the design, supply and installation of steel roofing products an introduction to the various routes to compliance with SANS 10400XA; Energy Usage in buildings for the roofing aspects of new buildings...
#4. Thermal performance of steel roofing and cladding materials for the residential and formal sector market in the RSA
This Technical Note is approved for development by Safintra Roofing and Steel South Africa and the Safal Group, as part of a suite of documents in support of the commitment of Safintra South Africa to provide accurate information for use by specifiers and customers of Safintra roofing and cladding products...